The University of Kentucky’s Confucius Institute’s (UKCI) K-12 Chinese Language, Culture Development and Enhancement Program is designed to help Kentucky schools develop Chinese language and culture study programs and to promote international exchange between the United States and China.
Teachers can bring innovative international programs into their community, while building their school’s Chinese program offerings efficiently and affordably. The Confucius Institute assists schools in Kentucky in the following programs:
- Launch and/or expand a Chinese program — Provision of Chinese teachers
- Assists in designing and planning the program and bringing the professional Chinese language teachers to jump-start the Chinese language and culture program.
- Assists schools in conducting professional development workshops for the Chinese teachers.
- Conducts professional development workshops for teaching about China for K-12 teachers.
- Enrich your Chinese program: Field trips to China
- UKCI Kentucky Educators’ Trip to China: This is a 12-day education trip hosted by the Confucius Institute and designed to help education decision-makers start and expand their Chinese language and culture programs. All expenses within China are paid by the institute, excluding international airfare and visa application fees.
- UKCI Kentucky High School Students China Trip: This is a 14-day study tour of China designed to help high school students to expand their Chinese language and cultural experiences. All expenses within China are paid by the Confucius Institute, excluding international airfare and visa application fees.
- UKCI Kentucky China Study Tour for K-12 Teachers: This is a 14-day study tour designed to expand the understanding of China and to enhance the teaching of the Chinese language and culture in the classrooms through visiting schools, interacting with Chinese educators and students. Participants also will visit historical and cultural highlights, while gaining a feel for the contemporary pulse of China. All expenses within China are paid by the institute, excluding international airfare and visa application fees. More information about this program will be posted soon.
- UKCI cultural showcase and school visits: The UKCI Chinese culture specialist team will make visits to K-12 schools at the request of the schools and teachers. Demonstration and workshops by the UKCI specialists include:
- Chinese martial arts and Tai Chi
- Chinese calligraphy
- Chinese painting
- Chinese music
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Chinese dance
- Chinese paper-cutting art
For more information, contact: Huajing.email@example.com or call (859) 257-4607. More information is also available on the institute’s website website: www.uky.edu/confucius. Follow UKCI on Twitter: UKCI@UKConfucius