At the business session of last month’s Kentucky School Boards Association (KSBA) Annual Conference, local board members re-elected five people to serve on the association’s board of directors as directors-at-large.
Eight candidates spoke at the business session prior to secret-ballot voting by board members in attendance.
The candidates re-elected for three-year terms are:
- Linda Duncan, a retired teacher and assistant principal and member of the Jefferson County school board
- Gene Peel, an IBM retiree and 27-year member of the Jessamine County school board, which he currently chairs
- Tiny Hasty, vice chairman of the Rockcastle County board who is active in Operation UNITE and also is a pharmacist
- Allen County school board Vice Chairman Jeff Eaton, a supervisor at South Central Rural Telephone Cooperative
- Paintsville Independent board Chairman Eddie Cornett, an air traffic controller, was elected to the final year of an unexpired term.
The KSBA Board of Directors is scheduled to meet for its annual strategic planning session March 30-31. During the meeting, members will meet with Education Commissioner Terry Holliday in their roles as members of the Kentucky Department of Education’s Local School Board Member Advisory Council.