The Kentucky Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (KAHPERD) held its annual convention Nov. 13-15 in Lexington.
Each year, teachers and physical education and health college students from across the state are nominated by colleagues and voted on by the KAHPERD board members to be recognized for their outstanding work and contribution to the health and physical education field. Award winners received a plaque and recognition at the awards ceremony the first night of the convention.
Congratulations to the following recipients:
- Andrew Case: College P.E. Student
- Jennifer Costanzo: College Health Student
- Dennis Mennis: Elementary P.E. Teacher of the Year
- Angela Stark: Secondary P.E. Teacher of the Year
- D’Artagnan Coots: Health Education Teacher of the Year
- Karen Baum: KAHPERD Lifetime Member Award
- Angela Stark: Distinguished Service Award