The Kentucky Department of Education will host the 2017 Kentucky Civics Symposium to promote best practices in civic education. This symposium will occur 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in three locations across the state:
- June 19 – Frankfort, Old Capitol Building and Kentucky Historical Society
- July 10 – Elizabethtown, Hardin County Schools Early College and Career Center
- July 14 – Ashland, Kentucky Educational Development Corporation
Join us as speakers provide educators with hands-on support in creating civic curricula with robust, relevant learning experiences for students in an effort to promote the “doing” of social studies through action civics. You can:
- learn new social studies-related strategies that engage and motivate students;
- dig into effective strategies for improved student achievement; and
- gain a deeper understanding of civics best practices.