The Kentucky Arts Council awarded 19 grants to 12 schools in October to fund student transportation to and from arts-related field trips through the TranspARTation Grant program.
Now in its fourth year, the TranspARTation grants are awarded annually by the arts council. Grants are based on the mileage from the school building to the arts organization or performance venue and the number of buses necessary.
Schools that received grants are:
- Clarkson Elementary School (Grayson County), $3,544;
- South Warren High School (Warren County), $1,000;
- Forest Heights Elementary School (Nelson County), $516;
- Bondurant Middle School (Franklin County), $416;
- Collins Lane Elementary School (Franklin County), $2,448;
- Southern Elementary School (Scott County), $112;
- Kingston Elementary School (Madison County), $328;
- Toliver Elementary School (Boyle County), $376;
- Daniel Boone Elementary School (Madison County), $240;
- Russell County Middle School, $880;
- Livingston County Middle School, $728;
- Brodhead Elementary School (Rockcastle County), $280.
Any Kentucky public or private school that supports grades pre-K through 12 may apply for a TranspARTation Grant. Schools receiving TranspARTation grants must attend arts events presented by one of many preapproved TranspARTation organizations.
For more information about applying for a TranspARTation Grant, visit the TranspARTation webpage, or contact Jean St. John, arts council arts education director, at email@example.com or (502) 892-3124.
Leave A Comment